7 points to improve your brand
Here at Mo Works we are frequently asked the importance of branding. Why do we need it? Is it necessary for small businesses? Doesn’t branding just refer to a logo? It is here and now that I’m going to explain why branding is crucial to the success of any business and how you can ensure the strength of your brand. For starters, instead of using the word ‘brand,’ let’s use ‘reputation.’ A businesses reputation is the key indicator of its value and potential for success. Your reputation will ultimately make or break you, as both your reputation and brand are a consumer’s impression of who you are. In a nutshell, you really can’t afford NOT to invest in branding.
With this in mind, here are some initial points to consider:
1. Who are you selling to? Once you define your target market, you can define what attracts them and take your branding from there. A cohesive brand will attract your target market across all platforms.
2. Your aesthetics are important The aesthetics of your brand are paramount to a consumer’s first impression. Should the aesthetics not create interest, you can rest assured that your target market won’t look twice at your brand. When it comes to branding, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ really doesn’t apply! Make your design simple, memorable and punchy.
3. What does your logo say about you? Your logo should communicate your brand’s values and purpose. As this will be your most highly referenced image, it is incredibly important that you use a logo that is ageless and aesthetic.
4. What’s your story? Every brand has a personality and every business has a story. What’s yours? When people can relate to your brand they are more likely to trust it. Ensure that you communicate this story to your consumers, as it will strengthen your relationship.
5. You need the Internet! No matter what kind of a business that you run- the Internet is your friend and will work to strengthen your brand and influence. Online social media and search engine optimisation are always a good start, and from there, there will be endless opportunities to continue to expand. The Internet is limitless.
6. Attend local events Attending local events is not only a wonderful opportunity for networking, but allows you to support your local community. This kind of networking gives your brand a face and involves you in the latest local affairs.
7. Be Consistent Having thoroughly considered every facet of your brands aesthetics and personality- be consistent! This will allow you to become recognisable and ideally, memorable.
Never underestimate the importance of branding. Where you have a business- you have a brand. Should you need some more tips or branding support, come and have a chat at Mo Works today.